Sunday, July 25, 2010

Eye Candy

"Heart of Glass" necklace



Introducing Eye Candy....this is my official necklace/jewelry line that specializes in guitar pick necklaces, bracelets and others in an assortment of styles and lengths. The best way to describe the line would be "whimsical"- oftentimes these creations evoke fantasy themes and otherworldly symbolism, along with a touch of rock n roll attitude. It is a highly imaginative series and borrows some elements of the 60's (think lovebeads and emphasis on nature), but with a modern twist. Currently I am branching off into wire work- the necklace pictured is the latest creation. Wire is difficult to work with and shape, and the thick wire being using is durable and not very malleable, but I'm slowly learning the material and will be making more accessories with it in the near future. Eventually I would like to progress into making rings and serpentine-style bracelets completely out of wire. My husband is very adept at this type of craftsmanship,  and I'll have to get his guidance. In the meantime, I'm too determined (read: too stubborn) and want to learn independently first before asking for help *sigh*. Stay tuned for more samples of  necklaces and other accessories. And email me if you would like something custom-made or want info/quotes/jewelry for sale.


For further info about Eye Candy, along with samples of my work and a list of prices, feel free to stop by and visit the official website:

No comments:

Post a Comment